Schloss Elmau, nestled amid the pretty peaks of the Bavarian Alps, is a peaceful, beautifully designed spa retreat and cultural hideaway that's been rejuvenating guests since the early 1900s. The resort's spa and wellness offerings are world-renowned and have won a bunch of prestigious awards and accolades. Most recently, Schloss Elmau was selected as Travel+Leisure's World's Best international destination spa.
The spa facilities at Schloss Elmau are unreal! There's over 90,000 square feet of aesthetically-pleasing spa space, plus six swimming pools (five outdoor, one indoor). The hub of Schloss Elmau's spa and wellness programs is the adults-only Badehaus Spa, a sprawling, four-story spa wonderland that houses a rooftop pool, saltwater ground-level pool, and dozens of natural light-filled treatment rooms. Beyond the Badehaus, there are additional spa facilities to enjoy, including a hamam, family spa area, saunas and steam rooms, a traditional Chinese medicine "Turtle Spa," and more. You could easily spend several entire days simply basking in spa relaxation.
That said, there's a ton to explore and experience beyond the spa, like:
- Free yoga, pilates, and tai chai classes
- Frequent yoga retreats with some of the world's best teachers
- Free outdoor activities that take advantage of the incredible German Alps landscape
- Luxurious, cozy-yet-modern rooms featuring warm natural colors, loads of natural light, and amazing mountain views
- Seven on-property restaurants, from the Michelin-starred Luce de'Oro to Thai food to spa cuisine (oh and did we mention, breakfast & dinner are included your room rate!)
- Clay tennis courts
- Bocce ball courts
- Free, year-round cultural programming, from classical music concerts to thought-provoking lectures
At this point, you may be thinking, "okay, Schloss Elmau sounds wonderful, but what makes it a perfect spa retreat for bookworms?" The answer lies in the resort's unique philosophy toward wellness--they believe a true wellness holiday should integrate not only rest, relaxation, and physical rejuvenation, but also mental detox and a release of emotional tension. Schloss Elmau's recipe for mental detox focuses heavily on books and reading, with three gorgeous libraries on the property, and a large bookstore that often hosts talks by great authors. Spa-loving bookworms will find a personal paradise here!
Sold on a spa retreat at Schloss Elmau? Have a stack of novels you can't wait to read while relaxing in the Alps? Nicely Travel can help you book an unforgettable holiday there. Plus, the resort is a preferred Virtuoso supplier, so if you book with us, you can score these terrific perks:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- $100 Euros spa services credit to be utilized during your stay
- Early check-in/late check-out (subject to availability)